Monday, November 23, 2009
International Monetary Policy
I am entrhalled with international monetary policy. Since most of my work is international I've been postively and adversely affected by the fluctuations of various currencies. What I've learned over the years is how various countries use a low valuation of their currency relative to the US Dollar as a competitive advantage. Dirty pool, I say. While a strong dollar policy is great for our debtors, the weakening greenback levels the playing field when competing for contracts internationally. While I certainly won't be cheering the decline of the dollar, it is somewhat satisfying to watch those that have been devaluing their currency to manipulate the market for professional services sweat it out. Every silver lining has its cloud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Learning From Sprawl??!!
Plenty of developers want to be the first to be second. In other words they want somebody else to blaze the trail, and pay for all the res...
-
Plenty of developers want to be the first to be second. In other words they want somebody else to blaze the trail, and pay for all the res...
-
As someone who has been working in the planning profession for over a decade I can honestly say I had never heard of Agenda 21. The first...
No comments:
Post a Comment