Monday, April 4, 2011

I told you so!

I just toured a project that I completed back in 1999. Despite my best efforts to educate the client some poor decisions were made in pursuit of value engineering. Today this five star resort and spa is losing its skin. The exterior is popping clear off.

Instead of being happy that I was right in my prediction those many years ago I'm instead upset and disappointed. I could be taking satisfaction that my understanding of how buildings go together is beyond that of the world class contractor that sold the client a terrible direct apply exterior finish system. I can only think of the incredible waste of it all.

Hopefully the client will look at the original specification for the exterior and just build it right instead of trying to patch it all up. The bottom line is that there is no better way to save money than building to last.

It gives me no joy to say it, but dammit, I TOLD YOU SO!

Posted via email from Kenneth Hitchens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning From Sprawl??!!

Plenty of developers want to be the first to be second. In other words they want somebody else to blaze the trail, and pay for all the res...